We are looking for a broadly experienced Senior Editor to join Spotify’s Music Culture and Editorial (MC&E) team in Dubai. You will identify and curate first rate music playlist listening- and programming experiences for a multitude of our moods, moments, and genres, demonstrate a passion for performance-oriented analytics, and will have your ear to the ground in the music community, focusing on MENA. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music!
What you’ll do
- Identify content gaps for the region and consequently substantiate playlists hypotheses
- Play a senior editorial role in strategy for Middle East – and North Africa
- Curate for a large number of varied playlists; our playlist-brands and shows, for MENA
- Identify hypotheses for music programming in the region
- Present and follow up on strategic and creative projects and bets within the region
- Road Manage strategic bets within Shows & Editorial and represent MC&E in cross-functional bets within the company, for MENA
- Analyze analytics and performance indicators of your own work
- Work with the Global Editorial Team and cross-functional teams to progress towards various content objectives
- Work from our office in Dubai.
Who you are
- 8+ years of experience in the music industry where connecting and serving audiences with music experiences, artists and/or creators in today’s music landscapes have been an integral part of your job and missions
- You have a deep knowledge of music and culture, with a focus on MENA and its music marketplace
- You possess a perfect level of written and spoken Arabic and English and you’re also able to demonstrate a deep understanding of, and experience with, Spotify as a user and fan. French language skills are an advantage.
- You are also able to lean on a good reputation and a strong network within the Arabic music- and entertainment industry
- You pay attention to detail and organisation, have strong work ethic and a friendly, warm attitude
- You have a story that demonstrates your passion for music that you can tell us about.
Please attach your CV in English.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we experience perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.