We are looking for an experienced and passionate Sr. Editor/Music Programmer to join Spotify’s Shows and Editorial (S&E) team in the UK with a global focus on Classical music. You will identify and curate first-rate Classical music content and will play a key role in curating the Classical music experience at Spotify. You demonstrate a real passion for performance-oriented analytics and have your ear to the ground in the Classical music community. Above all, your work here will impact the way the world experiences Classical music.
What you’ll do
- Play a senior editorial role in Spotify’s music culture strategy for Classical music
- Identify and substantiate content hypotheses
- You will curate for a large number of Classical music playlists; our playlist brands and shows
- Road Manage strategic bets within S&E and represent S&E in cross-functional bets within the Company
- You will present and follow up on strategic and creative projects and bets
- Analyze analytics and performance indicators of your own work.
- Work closely with the Heads Of Music Culture and the global S&E teams as well as other cross-functional teams, to progress towards various content objectives
- Work from our office in London
Who you are
- You have 5+ years of experience in the music industry, programming Classical music for TV, radio, or other media networks, where connecting and serving audiences with artists, creators, and music in today’s music landscape has been an integral part of your job and missions
- You have a deep knowledge of historical and contemporary Classical music and culture
- You possess a flawless level of written and spoken English and you’re also able to demonstrate a deep understanding of – and experience with – Spotify as a user and fan
- You are able to lean on a good reputation and a strong network within the Classical music industry, particularly in Europe
- You care about attention to detail and organization, have a team spirit, strong work ethic, and a friendly, warm attitude
- You have a story that demonstrates your real passion for Classical music that you can tell us about!
Please attach your CV in English. We are looking forward hearing from you.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we experience perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.