We are looking for a broadly experienced Music Programmer to join our Shows & Editorial team in New York. This position will oversee curation, content programming and related cross-functional strategies for African Music Culture globally, at Spotify.
What you’ll do
- Responsible for the daily programming and strategy for the African Music Culture globally at Spotify.
- Road Manage strategic bets within Shows and Editorial (S&E) and represent (S&E) in cross-functional bets for African Music Culture globally, within the Company.
- Identify and substantiate programming and playlist hypotheses for African Music Culture globally.
- Curate and maintain a substantial number of varied playlists for African Music Culture globally.
- Present and follow up on strategic and creative projects and bets for African Music Culture globally, within Shows and Editorial.
- Work cross-functionally with various teams to progress towards various content objectives.
- Help build and maintain strong links between Spotify’s Shows and Editorial team and the music creator community including artists, managers, record label and publishing company executives, for African Music Culture globally.
- Analyze analytics and performance indicators of your own work.
Who you are
- 5+ years of experience in the music industry, in particular for African Music Culture, where connecting and serving audiences with artists, creators and music in today’s music and media landscapes have been an integral part of your job and missions.
- Deep knowledge of – and connection to – music and culture, artists, history, festivals, newcomers and influencers in African Music Culture, worldwide.
- You are able to lean on a good reputation and a strong network within the African music industry and the African Music – community.
- Experience with curating Caribbean Music content is a plus.
- You possess a perfect level of written and spoken English and you’re also able to demonstrate a strong understanding of – and experience with – Spotify as a user and fan.
- You care about attention to detail and organisation, have a team spirit, strong work ethic, and a friendly, warm attitude.
- You have a story that demonstrates your passion for music that you can tell us about!
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.