We are looking for an experienced insights leader to join the band and help drive a data-first culture across Spotify. Product Insights’ mission is to get a deep understanding of our users to impact the strategy and direction of Spotify. We do this through analyzing terabytes of user data to understand behaviour and by using qualitative research techniques to understand user needs, working collaboratively in cross-functional development teams to make data-informed decisions
You’ll be joining the leadership team for the R&D mission that focuses on developing solutions for the Premium Business. The Premium Mission is responsible for the delivery of the user experience and platforms that drive important touchpoints with paid subscribers – this includes developing differentiated products and plans, optimizing our global payments platform, ensuring user retention/loyalty and increasing awareness of our products. In addition, your team will be responsible for uncovering insights related to how customers use self-service help tools and how we can increase user delight by making our customer support team more effective and impactful.
The Premium Mission is dynamic and growing quickly in two locations: Stockholm and London. You’ll lead and grow a team of Data Scientists and User Researchers across Stockholm and London. Your team will be responsible for ensuring that we make evidence-based product, design and technology decisions, that we can track product performance effectively, and will partner with peers in commercial insights for alignment.
What you’ll do:
- Alongside your counterparts in Tech, Product, and Design, you’ll be responsible for leading the mission, which has responsibilities across many areas of Spotify. You’ll provide thought leadership to develop a data-informed and guided product strategy. Together, you’ll collaboratively solve problems and come up with solutions that delight our users.
- Lead, support and develop a mixed discipline insights team of data scientists and user researchers, performing analyses on large sets of data and studying user behaviour to extract actionable insights that will help inform decisions across the business through collaborative, cross-functional ways of working
- Share data-informed insights and recommendations to key stakeholders
- Work closely with cross-functional teams of analysts, product owners, marketers, designers, and others across the company who are passionate about Spotify’s success
- Define the scope for data science and user research for some of Spotify’s highest priority product areas and biggest revenue drivers
- Help shape the future of Product Insights within Spotify as we grow
- Work from our offices in Stockholm or London
Who you are:
- You are a leader with practical user research, data science or combined insights chops you don’t mind dusting off from time-to-time. You’ve worked on consumer products over the years, and understand what it takes to create awesome, consumer-oriented experiences
- You have a strong background in one of the following and good understanding or familiarity with the other
- Product analytics or data science and have worked with A/B tests and iterative data informed product design
- Evaluative and formative qualitative research methods and are comfortable planning, scoping, conducting, analysing and communicating research<span
- You have a high level of educational training and industry experience in your area of expertise, be it data science or user research
- You are skilled at making sense of user behaviour using any available methods
- You have a deep understanding of numbers, as well as a strong business sense and ability to help inform strategic business decisions
- You have 6+ years of experience as a people-manager, with an established track record of hiring, growing, and mentoring teams working across multiple business areas, and at least 10 years of experience in a similar data science, user research or combined insights role
- You have experience managing remote teams in multiple time zones and are open to regular travel
- You are experienced with cross-functional leadership to the degree you can plan and collaborate with members of a leadership team that includes a variety of disciplines and backgrounds
- You’re a fantastic communicator. You have the communication skills to help you work cross-functionally with business stakeholders, you shine most at motivating others to carry forward and execute a strategy without needing to be in the room
- You are familiar and comfortable working within and contributing to large insights systems that you may or may not own directly. Balancing the needs of the larger ecosystem of insights with the local goals of your mission
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.