We are looking for an experienced Senior Design Manager to join our Data Infrastructure tribe – Spotify’s division that is dedicated to building out a world class data and insights platform. The platform is a Spotify core function that foundation for core product functionality such as Discover Weekly but also enables critical business functions such as our royalty engine.
What you’ll do
- Be responsible for the design leadership of Spotify’s data and insights platform.
- You will identify and grow talent within the design team, setting them up for success through mentorship and coaching
- You will provide context, support and guidance as the team works toward our business objectives — you will inspire, not merely direct
- You will collaborate closely with your product, insights and tech counterparts to shape a vision for the platform
- Hire and grow the craft of talented designers and user researchers for your product area and across Spotify.
- Creatively integrate and build on top of third party tools such as Google Cloud Platform and Tableau.
- You are willing to get hands-on, partnering closely with other designers and/or engineering teams.
Who you are
- You have 3+ years practical management experience with designers in an agile product development environment, and you are able to foster and grow the culture in cross-functional teams through advocacy.
- You’re comfortable working with partners to create holistic solutions involving both internal and external technology and products.
- You’re able to travel to Stockholm to collaborate with our teams there.
- You are a leader with practical design chops you don’t mind dusting off from time-to-time. You’ve shipped many consumer products over the years, and understand what it takes to create awesome, consumer-oriented experiences.
- You’re a fantastic communicator and storyteller.
- You are people-focused and have the right balance of gut, pragmatic intuition and a user and data-focused design mentality. You are constantly looking to hone your team’s instincts through a variety of inputs – including trend analysis, benchmarks, user feedback and data insight.
- You are hungry to learn and evolve in all things. From leadership skills to design craft to process to industry and market trends — you never stop pushing into the next big challenge and fit right in to our growth-focused culture.
- You thrive in coaching teams to balance short term needs while keeping an eye on and contributing to long term strategic goals.
- You are comfortable with balancing the needs of the larger design ecosystem with the local goals of your mission.
- You are able to provide a brief explanation in your application of why you are excellent for this role, while highlighting a portfolio of work that represents who you are as a designer and leader. Applications without a portfolio are unlikely to be considered.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.