We are looking for an experienced Senior Design Manager to join our Platform team – Spotify’s division that is dedicated to building out a world-class developer and data scientist platform. Our mission is to enable Spotify to move with speed and at scale, while still maintaining safety. The Spotify platform provides our developers and data scientists with the tools and capabilities needed to build great consumer, creator and advertiser experiences. Our mission is to enable Spotify to move with speed and at scale, while still maintaining safety.
What you’ll do
- Hire and grow a team of talented designers and user researchers.
- Identify and grow future leaders within the design team through mentorship and coaching.
- Provide design leadership for Spotify’s rapidly evolving developer and data scientist platform.
- Shape the future user experience of Machine Learning and Experimentation at Spotify, that in turn will drive Spotify’s next wave of innovation.
- Work with the Platform design team to create and evangelize our overall Platform UX strategy.
- You will provide context, support and guidance as the team works toward our business objectives — you will inspire, not merely direct.
- You will collaborate closely with your product, insights and tech counterparts to shape a vision for the platform.
- Creatively integrate and build on top of third party tools such as Google Cloud Platform.
- You are willing to get hands-on, partnering closely with other functions and/or engineering teams.
Who you are
- You have 3+ years practical management experience with designers in an agile product development environment, and you are able to foster and grow the culture in cross-functional teams through advocacy.
- You’re comfortable working with partners to create holistic solutions involving both internal and external technology and products.
- You’re able to travel to Stockholm/NYC to collaborate with our teams there.
- You are a leader with practical design chops you don’t mind dusting off from time-to-time. You’ve shipped many products, and understand what it takes to create awesome, user-oriented experiences.
- You’re a fantastic communicator and storyteller.
- You are people-focused and have the right balance of gut, pragmatic intuition and a data-focused design mentality. You are constantly looking to hone your team’s instincts through a variety of inputs – including trend analysis, benchmarks, user feedback and data insight.
- You are hungry to learn and evolve in all things. From leadership skills to design craft to process to industry and market trends — you never stop pushing into the next big challenge and fit right in to our growth-focused culture.
- You thrive in coaching teams to balance short term needs while keeping an eye on and contributing to long term strategic goals.
- You are able to provide a brief explanation in your application of why you are excellent for this role, while highlighting a portfolio of work that represents who you are as a designer and leader. Applications without a portfolio are unlikely to be considered.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.