Spotify is the most-loved music and podcast streaming service in the world, with listeners in over 70 countries. The Growth Opportunities mission is focused on finding our future listeners, whoever and wherever they may be. A key component of achieving this goal is a cross-functional collaboration with marketing, which, when amplified by product development—product, design, engineering, and insights—is poised to take acquisition, activation, and engagement efforts to the next level. Where most marketing efforts are broad by necessity to achieve scale, we believe that there is a better way to integrate our brand voice into the product itself so that the messaging is genuine, useful, precise in its purpose, and a reflection of our values: speaking to the individual as clearly as it speaks to millions. We’re looking for a world-class design manager to lead the team that will bring this vision to life—focusing on craft, best practices, and targeted experimentation.
What you’ll do
- You will lead design, through best-practices, attention to detail, and sometimes unconventional thinking, to ensure impact
- You will identify and grow leaders within the design team, setting them up for success through mentorship and coaching
- You will provide context, support and guidance as the team works toward our growth objectives — you will inspire, not merely direct
- You will collaborate closely with your product, tech, and insights counterparts to support a cross-functional team of talented designers, product managers, engineers, researchers, and data scientists and to shape a data-informed vision for the user experience of our growth initiatives
- You will be accountable for the breadth of the growth efforts based in New York and will report to the Design Director for the Growth Opportunities mission
- You will be based in New York but travel to other offices to work with other teams within the Growth Opportunities mission
Who you are
- You have 5+ years of experience leading design teams at consumer-focused companies
- You are passionate about design and what it can do for the music, content, and technology industries
- You’re a fantastic communicator. You have the communication skills to help you work effectively with cross-functional peers and stakeholders. You thrive when developing great people and great products
- You have a broad product design background and are well-versed in data-informed product design and development
- You have experience working with growth initiatives in some capacity
- You want to make an impact and take on big complex issues
What we value
A true creative who is user focused, collaborative, transparent, passionate and playful. We believe our culture is a core part of what makes Spotify successful. We’re looking for someone who understands our culture, will thrive within it, and will help shape it as it evolves.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.