The Mercury tribe is the home of Spotify’s conversion flows and commerce capabilities, helping users discover and connect to our Premium portfolio, and making the purchase and payment experiences as smooth and effortless as possible.
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to help us continue to develop our commerce capabilities, developing a best-in-class understanding about how and when to surface a Premium proposition, connecting users with the optimal offering, helping our global teams improve and research local needs for Premium offerings as well as supporting new market and product launches with data-driven insights.
The Premium Insights team consists of 15+ highly motivated and exceedingly friendly individuals, working both with Data Science and User Research, blending their skills to build a holistic understanding of our Premium users.
Together, we’ll come up with innovative and effective ways to sell Spotify Premium to a global audience. You’ll join us to craft a strategy rooted firmly in data, that delivers on a future vision for the streaming industry through effective planning, behavioural analysis, experimentation and optimisation. You’ll pair with user researchers, product and design to understand the performance of products and their impact on the market.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with cross-functional teams of data scientists, product managers, designers and engineers who are passionate about Spotify’s success
- Develop a deep understanding of how product and platforms influence user behaviour
- Be a strategic partner to product development teams, making and give recommendations when needed
Who you are
- You know how to scope and solve loosely defined problems and come up with actionable insights to guide product development decisions
- You have a deep understanding of statistics and experience working with real-world data, as well as a strong business sense
- You have 6+ years of relevant experience, with a degree in statistics, mathematics, computer science, economics, psychology or another quantitative discipline
- You have the technical competence to perform advanced analytics: coding skills (such as Python or Scala), experience with analytics tools (Pandas, R, SPSS or SQL) and experience performing analysis with large datasets
- You are comfortable researching and learning about new methods, tools and techniques, and enjoy experimenting with novel ways of approaching a problem
- You possess statistical competence (such as regression modelling, a/b testing, significance testing etc)
It is a plus if you
- Have demonstrated experience with hands-on statistical modelling and possess knowledge about machine learning (such as predictive modelling, decision trees, classification models, clustering techniques)
We’re looking for Data Scientists to join us at multiple levels. We will have an open discussion throughout the interview process about assessing which level and platform you fall within at Spotify.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.