We are looking for Senior Data Scientist, Product to join Spotify’s Analytics team. Our mission is to turn terabytes of data into insights, and get a deep understanding of the world of music and listeners. Together with us you will study user behavior, evaluate strategic initiatives and experiment with new features. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with cross-functional teams of data scientists, designers and engineers who are passionate about Spotify’s success
- Develop a deep understanding of how product and platforms influence user behaviour
- Be a speaking partner to product development teams, making and give recommendations when needed
Who you are
- You know how to understand and solve loosely defined problems and come up with relevant answers and actionable insights to guide product development decisions
- You have a deep understanding of numbers, as well as a strong business sense
- You have 4+ years of relevant experience, with a degree in economics, psychology, computer science, statistics, or mathematics or another quantitative discipline
- You have the technical competence to perform advanced analytics: coding skills (such as Python, Java, or Scala), experience with analytics tools (Pandas, R, SPSS, SQL, Hadoop, or Excel) and experience performing analysis with large datasets
- You possess statistical competence (such as regression modeling, a/b testing, significance testing etc)
It is a plus if you
have demonstrated experience with hands-on statistical modeling and possess knowledge about machine learning (such as predictive modeling, decision trees, classification models, clustering techniques)We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.