We are looking for an experienced Senior Data Scientist to join the Premium Plans Product Insights team. The Premium Insights team consists of 15+ highly motivated and extremely friendly individuals, specialising in both Data Science and User Research, leveraging their skills to build a holistic understanding of our Premium users.
As part of our team you will study user behaviour, strategic initiatives, markets, content, new features, and bring data and insights into every decision we make. Above all, your work will impact how we think about our users, and our ability to identify and satisfy our users’ needs, in compelling product and service offerings.
This is a highly impactful role where you and the rest of the team will be able to directly impact how our Premium products are experienced, packaged, and sold around the world.
What you’ll do
- Perform analyses on data sets to extract actionable insights that will help drive decisions across the user funnel – such as acquisition, activation, and retention
- Work on larger user understanding projects to understand and recommend our next direction to determine excellent user experience
- Work on end-to-end projects to ensure your findings are executed and tested in the desired way
- Work closely with cross-functional teams of analysts, product owners, engineers, marketers, designers, user researchers, and others across the company who are passionate about Spotify’s success
- Work from our offices in Stockholm or London
Who you are
- You have at least 6+ years of experience in a data scientist role, with degree qualifications in Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, Mathematics or similar quantitative discipline
- You have the technical competence to perform more advanced analytics
- Coding skills (such as Python, Java, or Scala)
- Analytics tools experience (such as Pandas, R, SPSS, SQL, SAS or Hadoop)
- Data visualisation tools (such as Tableau, Qlik Sense or a similar tool)
- Experience performing analysis with large datasets
- You are a self-driven person who’s capable of tackling very loosely defined problems
- You are a communicative person that values building strong relationships with colleagues and stakeholders and have the ability to explain complex topics in simple terms
- You’re capable of mentoring more junior data scientists to set them up for success
- You thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic and high energy environment and are comfortable with ambiguity
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come to be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.