We seek an outstanding Senior Data Scientist to join our Platform Intelligence team in New York. This individual will be responsible for developing world-class predictive models to estimate content consumption trends on the Spotify platform, ultimately informing billions of dollars of content spend. The output of your models will be core to our understanding of the lifetime value of content and will serve as the foundation of several strategic initiatives. Above all, you will be at the nexus of data science and business at one of the most innovative companies in the world.
In addition to possessing a strong technical background, the ideal candidate will be a natural communicator who is able to explain complex statistical frameworks to business and engineering teams. We also have a strong preference for candidates with forecasting and asset valuation experience. Accompanying this broad set of responsibilities is exposure to many functional areas, as well as senior management, across Spotify.
What you’ll do:
- Own and develop scalable solutions for forecasting content consumption and work closely with a team of peers across data engineering, data science, finance, and economics to put your solutions into practice.
- Design novel frameworks for detecting anomalies in content consumption and put them into production.
- Support leadership with research on key business initiatives and challenges.
What you bring:
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, or another quantitative field; advanced degree is a plus.
- 5+ years as a Data Scientist analyzing complex data with SQL, Python, and/or R.
- Experience producing and scaling machine learning models.
- Knowledge of Google BigQuery and Java/Scala is a plus.
- Comfort navigating complex and fluid organizational structures within a fast-moving and global company. You will need to build and maintain cross-functional relationships spanning multiple teams and geographies.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply, and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.