We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join the Customer Support Product Insights team in our Premium Mission. The Premium Insights team consists of 20+ highly motivated and extremely friendly individuals, specialising in both Data Science and User Research, leveraging their skills to build a holistic understanding of our Premium users.
As part of our team you will study user behaviour, strategic initiatives, product features, and more bringing data and insights into every decision we make. Your work will impact how we think about our users, our ability to identify and satisfy their needs, and create compelling customer support offerings and experiences informed by those needs..
This is a highly impactful role where you and the rest of the team will be able to directly impact how millions of Spotify users are supported around the world.
What you’ll do
- Perform analyses on data sets to extract actionable insights that will help drive decisions for our customer support experiences
- Work on larger ‘user-understanding projects’ to inform the direction of the user experience
- Work end-to-end on projects to ensure your findings are executed, tested and communicated in the desired way
- Work closely with cross-functional teams of product owners, engineers, marketers, designers, user researchers, business stakeholders and others across the company who are passionate about Spotify’s support experiences and success
- Work from our New York office and be willing to travel internationally
Who you are
- You have 5+ years experience in a hands on role
- You have the technical competence to perform more advanced analytics
- Coding skills (such as Python, R or similar)
- Analytics tools experience (such as SQL, Pandas, R, Spark or similar)
- Data visualisation tools (such as Tableau, Qlik Sense, matplotlib, ggplot2 or similar)
- You have extensive experience performing analysis with large datasets
- You have experience designing, monitoring and analyzing A/B tests or other methods of causal inference
- You are a self-driven person who’s capable of tackling loosely defined problems
- You are a communicative person that values building strong relationships with colleagues and stakeholders and have the ability to explain complex topics in simple terms
- You’re capable of mentoring more junior data scientists to set them up for success
- You thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic and high energy environment and are comfortable with ambiguity