At Spotify our mission is to provide the world’s best platform for artists, creators, and fans. The Content team at Spotify is responsible for driving many business critical and innovative strategic initiatives, including developing commercial relationships with artists and media companies, partnering with podcast and video creators, understanding how users discover and consume music, podcasts, and video, and connecting this engagement with business critical metrics.
Data scientists on our Content team explore listening behaviors across millions of listeners, and help translate those data patterns into insights that will inform the decision making and strategic planning throughout the company.
As Senior Data Scientist, you’ll take an active part in the analysis & synthesis of our data, and also help frame and guide our team by being a mentor within our group, and a thought leader for Content. Your research will guide our global strategies across millions of listeners.
What you’ll do:
- Perform analyses on large sets of data to extract actionable insights that will help drive content decisions
- Communicate data-driven insights and recommendations to key stakeholders
- Take a lead in utilizing data to form insights that guide our burgeoning content strategies, and help senior decision makers understand the landscape we work in
- Provide clarity and mentorship to our junior data scientists
Who you are:
- You have an advanced degree in science, computer science, statistics, economics, mathematics, or a similar quantitative discipline.
- You have at least 5 years experience in a media, tech, finance, or consulting role performing data analysis
- You are a communicative person that values building strong relationships with colleagues and stakeholders
- You have a deep understanding of numbers and business models, and experience extracting insights from large datasets to drive key business strategies
- You are capable of delivering structure, insights, and answers to very loosely defined problems
- Your strengths lie within multiple forms of data synthesis and analysis:
- Coding skills (such as Python, Java, or Scala)
- Experience with SQL or R
- Data Visualization experience (e.g., Tableau, Qliksense)
- Business modeling (financial analysis, strategic frameworks, forecasting)
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value