The Ads Analytics team helps the Spotify Free Business understand our users better so that we can create a platform where users can enjoy millions of tracks for free while being able to support the artists they love for their work. We strive to understand our user’s taste in music and how they use our platform so that we can show them the most relevant ads at the right time, creating a frictionless experience for them while helping brands reach the right users and artists live off of their work.
We are a team of data scientists working on range of problems at Spotify, from automated tools that help our sales team get insight into our platform to ML models that helps us understand our users, business dynamics and utilize our inventory. We are looking for an expert in statistical modeling, machine learning and causal attribution with hands on experience training and deploying models to production systems at Spotify scale.
What you’ll do:
- Build proofs of concept and production models that will help us understand our users
- Lead research initiatives to help us be an industry-leader when it comes to technical and modeling capabilities
- Mentor more junior data-scientists one to one, through peer reviews and academic guidance
- Help us maintain our current infrastructure and design new ML platforms to train, predict and serve the results to other parts of the Spotify business
- Contribute to our internal tooling and be thought leader in the broader analytics community at Spotify
- Work from our office New York
Who you are:
- You will have at least 5 years experience in applied research, statistical modeling and ML with a degree or higher (MS/PhD) in statistics, mathematics, econometrics, or similar field
- Significant breadth and depth of statistics/ML knowledge
- High level of ability in R or Python
- Competence with SQL and experience performing analysis on large datasets
- Experience working and creating data/feature pipelines is a plus
- You are capable of taking on loosely defined business problems and translating complex thinking into practical application for diverse audiences
- You are a communicative person who values building strong relationships with colleagues and partners and enjoys mentoring and teaching others
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.