We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join the Content Assembly Product Area in Stockholm. As part of the Content Platform organization, we are ingesting, managing and publishing the massive, global, ever-evolving content catalog that fuels Spotify.
The volume and breadth of data at Spotify is staggering – billions of records of streamed music, thousands of new products and artist information records are flowing through our systems daily.
The Content Assembly product area lies at the heart of the organization providing a centralized view of content entities and their relationships to the many teams who use content metadata in their daily work.
Come join a team of talented and experienced engineers that share a common interest in data modelling, distributed systems at scale and their continued development! You will help define the future of data ecosystem in our part of the organization as well as design and implement new ways and strategies on how people consume data from Content Platform.
Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences audio!
What you’ll do
- Help defining the data strategy for Content Assembly and drive improvements in line with the strategy
- Evolve and maintain key datasets covering our knowledge about the content
- Design and implement key metrics for Content Platform
- Help drive the company-wide advancement of Spotify’s data infrastructure, tooling and processes
- Improve data quality through testing, tooling and continuously evaluating performance
- Build large-scale batch and real-time data pipelines with data processing frameworks like Apache Beam/Dataflow, Scio, BigQuery and other parts of the Google Cloud Platform.
- Collaborate with other software engineers, ML experts, researchers and stakeholders, taking learning and leadership opportunities that will arise every single day.
- Work in multi-functional agile teams to continuously experiment, iterate and deliver on new product objectives.
Who you are
- You have a proven record of personally taking large data projects from ideation to implementation
- You have experience architecting and operating large data pipelines
- You have at least 5 years of professional experience working in a product-driven environment
- You know how to work with high volume heterogeneous data, preferably with distributed systems such as Hadoop, BigTable, and Cassandra.
- You are comfortable working broadly across Data Engineering and Data Science disciplines
- You know how to write distributed, high-volume services in Java or Scala.
- You have a deep understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms.
- You are knowledgeable about data modeling, data access, and data storage techniques.
- You care about agile software processes, data-driven development, reliability, and responsible experimentation.
- You understand the value of collaboration within teams.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.