We are looking for an experienced business strategist with expertise in growth and conversion to define our global always-on, trial offer strategy and seasonal promotions to expand our rapidly growing subscriber base of over 71 million paid users. The role is based out of our NYC office with occasional travel to our Stockholm and other company locations. You report to the Director of Premium Upsell and our mission will be to:
What You’ll Do
- Uncover what motivates Free users to buy Premium across a user’s lifecycle, guided by data-driven insights, relevant A/B-tests and qualitative and quantitative user research studies.
- Develop an always-on trial and offer upsell strategy for our suite of Premium propositions to accelerate conversion and reach quarterly and yearly subscriber and revenue targets.
- Generate and test new Premium offerings for seasonal campaigns and ad-hoc promotions, which may include but not limited to developing innovative pricing and new channel innovation.
- Maximize the revenue potential of our licensed trial products by partnering with Content, Marketing and R&D to get your hypotheses built, tested and scaled.
- Interact with channel owners such as Performance Media, Email, Push, In-app and House-ads to ensure optimal channel mix strategy, lifecycle marketing and upsell moments. Collaborate with members of the International Subscription team to ensure our assets are locally relevant.
- Collaborating with Product Owners and an A/B-testing team to shape the Premium presence on Spotify.com landing pages from click to conversion.
- When needed, you build compelling business cases to rally internal teams and convince stakeholders of your proposed strategy. You’re fluent in Excel and can build financial models, using SAC, LTV, retention and other relevant metrics to prove your case.
Who you are
- You have at least 7 years of relevant industry experience working in a rigorous and analytical environment, probably in e-commerce or online media with expertise in conversion, optimization, performance marketing and testing.
- You have a proven track record of defining and scaling a subscription strategy and can point to specific examples of how you have successfully implemented it for growth.
- You have a strategic mind and can derive insights, recommendations and action plans from qualitative market trends, consumer feedback and large data sets.
- You’re experienced in leading and executing complex projects independently, and in getting things done in a larger organisation where you have dependencies on other teams.
- You are a seasoned and experienced leader who can motivate and rally your team as well as other stakeholders to follow your lead and implement initiatives.
- You are proud to be part of the world’s fastest growing online subscription business in a high-impact role where you every day put a personal mark on the success of Spotify by delivering even faster subscriber growth and thereby positively impacting the future of the music industry.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.