We are looking for a high-performing Senior Accountant to join our global content accounting operations team based in NYC. The selected candidate will report into the Manager of Content Accounting, and will provide support for songwriter royalty accounting across the globe. This candidate will work cross functionally with legal, licensing, technical accounting, and engineering to ensure songwriter royalties are correctly accounted for and paid.
The candidate will also help with new songwriter royalty initiatives, such as rolling out claiming processes in new territories that Spotify enters, identify new ways to present the accounting impacts of decisions made by the business, and help steer updates to our claiming systems.
What you will do
- Execution of monthly global content accounting close, ensuring accurate results are delivered on time for reporting.
- Preparation and/or review of monthly account reconciliations, role forwards and flux analysis.
- Help lead the implementation of best practices in the content team to scale our business to support the global expansion plans.
- Develop and/or refine content accounting processes and procedures.
- Support external, 3rd party and internal audit requirements related to specific areas of responsibility.
- Work cross functionally with Technical accounting, Finance, Legal, Content, Sales, Sales Operations, FP&A, Billing, AR, IT, Tax and various business owners on policies, processes and programs, and help drive key system initiatives and improvements.
- Mentor, teach and review the work of other supporting members of the accounting team.
- Other responsibilities include but not limited to participate in special projects, ERP implementation, system enhancements or ad hoc analyses as assigned.
- Travel can be required occasionally in the role.
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with CPA or CA preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years professional experience preferred
- Big 4 experience preferred
- Experience in the entertainment and media space is preferred
- Excellent time and self-management skills, ability to prioritize and multitask to meet deadlines required.
- Strong Excel skills, and be comfortable with extremely large data volume.
- Proven ability to succeed in a fast paced and constantly changing environment.
- Previous experience of IFRS and/or SOX is an advantage.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 271 million users.