Are you looking for a creative, fun and friendly workplace where you get to develop software that is used by more than 100 million people around the globe together with highly skilled colleagues? Then Spotify might be the right place for you.
In this unique position, you will be joining a brand new team focusing on innovation within the company. You will work on developing the next generation conceptual audio and video playback platform. You will need to solve hard problems through programming in C++, but may also work in Java and Objective-C or similar languages. You should know basic DSP concepts, audio and video processing, and have worked with a wide variety of platforms on a single codebase. Your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What you’ll do
- Build an audio and video engine
- Architect, design and develop C++ programs in addition to a variety of other languages
- Write clear, modular, maintainable code that will perform on many platforms and devices
- Work on problems in the DSP domain
- Be a technical leader within the team you work with and within Spotify in general
- Be a valued member of a lean, autonomous, cross-functional team with a start up feel
- Hack on what you want during regular hack days and bi-annual hack weeks
Who you are
- You know how to write modern, testable and maintainable code
- You have 8+ years experience in building shared client libraries with modern C++
- You have knowledge about the different needs of different platforms (e.g. iOS, Linux, Windows, Android and embedded systems)
- You have experience with continuous delivery and automated testing
- You value team success over personal success
- You may have worked in industries such as audio/video runtime software, gaming, and AR/VR (not required)
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.