Our business intelligence and data visualization team is growing and we are looking for an experienced SQL developer to join us. The team services most parts of Spotify with BI applications and reports, spanning interactive self-service reporting, ad-hoc and static reporting.
By providing a holistic, simplistic and historical views on data we support the free product and the Ads business in Spotify. The team is currently rapidly growing into New York where many of our stakeholders are located. Good interpersonal skills coupled with quick understanding of other people’s challenges will therefore be essential for your and the team’s success.
In short, you will help bring better and quicker insights to Spotify, ultimately impacting the way the world experiences music.
What you’ll do
- Analyse large amounts of data in order to provide our Business Intelligence users and customers with accurate, insightful, and actionable information.
- Work closely with business analysts and end-users to understand, bring together, document, and analyse requirements for complex data solutions.
- Assists in crafting extensions to our Data Warehouse solution
- Work in BI Tools and Technologies for both front- and back-end purposes:
- Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Analysis Services, Google BigQuery, Tableau and QlikSense.
- Perform code reviews and provide constructive feedback to our database developers to increase the quality of the deployed data solutions.
- Provides training and expertise to business users and other stakeholders on utilizing our data for their reporting needs.
Who you are
- You have proven critical thinking ability to analyze large data sets and attention to detail to derive accurate conclusions as a result.
- You have expert level skills in SQL and have a verifiable ability to deliver high-quality data solutions for Business Intelligence including SQL Server databases.
- You have 5-7 years of experience in the development of high-quality data solutions for Business Intelligence.
- You have experience working in Agile development with source control (git and GitHub experience is meritorious).
- You have a Master or Bachelor Degree in Physics, Math, Statistics, Computer Science or equivalent.
- You are self-motivated individual contributor and an excellent teammate with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and communicate progress in a dynamic environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.