Spotify is looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to join our Creator engineering organization. You will forge new ground in how we help labels and their artists & managers, and help us fulfill our mission to understand the music industry through data. If you’re interested in building out the next revolution in the music industry and helping artists succeed in their careers, come join us!
You’ll join our team of talented backend engineers that share a common interest in distributed backend systems, their scalability and continued development. You will build the backend systems that power our application, scale highly distributed systems, and continuously improve our engineering practices. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What you’ll do
- Be a technical leader within the team you work with and within Spotify in general.
- Coordinate technical projects across teams within Spotify.
- Facilitate collaboration with other engineers, product owners, and designers to solve interesting and challenging problems for delivering various media worldwide.
- Be a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional agile team to continuously experiment, iterate and deliver on new product objectives.
- Architect, design, develop, deploy and operate Java services that serve millions of users in a DevOps manner.
- Be a leader of the Spotify-wide backend developer community affecting and driving our architecture across the company.
- Hack on what you want during regular hack days and bi-annual hack weeks.
Who you are
- You have at least 4 years of professional experience working in a product-driven environment.
- You are an experienced technical leader.
- You know how to write distributed, high-volume services in Java.
- You are experienced with deploying and operating services on Linux.
- You have a deep understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms.
- You care about quality and you know what it means to ship high quality code.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.