We are looking for senior backend engineers to join our team of talented engineers that share a common interest in distributed backend systems, their scalability and continued development. Your mission will be to work with our community of mobile app developers to help build the tooling and infrastructure needed to scale our mobile architecture, and help hundreds of developers create apps used by millions of people. In this role you will be a key contributor in the development of our cross-platform engineering strategy and practices.
Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What you’ll do
- Be a technical leader within the team you work with and within Spotify in general.
- Architect, design, develop and maintain Java services and data pipelines supporting the Spotify developer community
- Create developer facing libraries and tools which allow for scaling a large and distributed mobile development team.
- Coordinate technical projects across teams within Spotify.
- Reshape our mobile ecosystem by helping to guide, support, and implement a comprehensive cross-platform development strategy.
- Be a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional agile team.
- Hack on what you want during regular hack days and bi-annual hack weeks.
- Work from our awesome office in New York – we offer relocation packages if you do not currently live here.
Who you are
- You are an experienced technical leader.
- You know how to write distributed, high-volume services in Java.
- You are experienced with deploying and operating services on Linux.
- You have at least cursory knowledge of mobile app development.
- You have a great ability to learn, and you are eager to expand your areas of expertise.
- You have a deep understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms.
- You care about quality and you know what it means to ship high quality code.
- You know how to write readable, maintainable, and performant code.
- You have a deep knowledge of software engineering best practices.
- You have a passion for supporting and enabling others to become more productive.
- You have 5+ years of professional experience.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.