We are looking for an AV Infrastructure Engineer that will join the AV-infrastructure team at Spotify.
This global team delivers and support across multiple locations as well as meeting room support in a dynamic, technology based environment. We provide VIP level support for daily meetings, design, build, maintain conference rooms and event production stages, stream IPTV, run a range of different events, educate internal users how to self-service and ‘end to end’ support package.
What you’ll do:
- You will work in a global team, with lead responsibilities for the local team in New York
- You will help coordinate and plan the teams work when needed as a senior member of the team
- You will work closely with project managers
- You will design, build and maintain global technical solutions for meeting rooms, stages, lounges and digital signage
- You will provide training sessions for use of equipment internally on an as-needed ongoing basis and you will build support training material for internal use
- You will proactively handle issues when they arise and follow through to assure completion
- You will assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- You will measure infrastructure and technology performance using appropriate tools and techniques and you will report and escalate to management as needed
- You will successfully handle the relationships with the client and all partners
- You will establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- You will build and maintain comprehensive technical documentation
- You will recommend improved workflows to better processes and efficiencies
Who you are:
- You have at least 5+ years of experience as an AV Infrastructure Engineer
- You have an advanced knowledge in AV system setups, signal flows, etc.
- You are experienced in DSP programming
- You have a basic to advanced knowledge of programming control systems
- You are knowledgeable in advanced film cameras and functionality. You are able to set-up advanced cameras as well as knowledge of sound recording and lighting set-ups.
- You have experience with stage maintenance and troubleshooting and a familiarity with set-up for events, maintaining kit and troubleshooting live. You are comfortable with different inputs and technical solutions available.
- You have previously run live shows. Experience in as many roles as possible is ideal, camera op, vision mixer, sound technician and direct support to presenters and other staff members.
- You have experience with video mixers for more than one live event and familiarity with a multi camera set-up
- You have experience in audio recording and editing as well as experience with setting up for live bands and using a recording studio
- You have basic knowledge of streaming codecs, formats and different streaming services in order to troubleshoot and gain deeper understanding of issues that may arise
- You have knowledge of videoconferencing infrastructure. For example, H.264 protocols, codecs, solutions on the market and monitoring.
- You have basic IT skills such as remote desk, security and password management, digital archiving, and ticketing systems (such as JIRA). Documentation skills are required for this role.
- You are open to experimenting with new technology and solutions
- You strive to learn new things and continuously want to improve and challenge your knowledge
- You are self-motivated and active with the ability to work independently
- You are highly dependable, have a sense of urgency, and are able to meet deadlines
- You have excellent communication skills and have a professional demeanor
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.