We are looking for an AV Infrastructure Engineer that will join the AV Infrastructure team at Spotify.
Spotify is dedicated to creating a platform for creativity that brings artists and fans closer together. As a member of our AV Infrastructure team, you’ll be working on projects that enable Spotify to succeed in this mission daily. The AV Infrastructure team is a global team that delivers solutions and AV system support across multiple locations in a dynamic, technology-based environment. You will design and build exciting, innovative, and high tech offices around the globe, from conference rooms to event production areas, as well as educate internal users how to self-service, providing a complete ‘end to end’ support package. The event production areas are utilized across the company both internally and by artists alike.
What you’ll do:
- You will work in a global team and, as a senior member of the team, you will help coordinate and plan the teams work when needed
- You will work close with project managers
- You will design, build and maintain global technical solutions for meeting rooms, stages, lounges, and digital signage
- You will provide training sessions for use of equipment internally on an as-needed ongoing basis and you will build support training material for internal use
- You will proactively handle issues when they arise and follow through to assure completion
- You will assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- You will measure infrastructure and technology performance using appropriate tools and techniques and you will report and escalate to management as needed
- You will successfully handle the relationships with the client and all partners
- You will establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- You will build and maintain comprehensive technical documentation
- You will recommend improved workflows to better processes and efficiencies
Who you are:
- You have at least 5+ years of experience as an AV Infrastructure Engineer
- You have an advanced knowledge in AV system setups, signal flows, etc.
- You are experienced in DSP programming
- You have a basic to advanced knowledge of programming control systems
- You have experience with stage maintenance and troubleshooting and a familiarity with set-up for events, maintaining kit and troubleshooting live. You are comfortable with different inputs and technical solutions available.
- You have basic knowledge of streaming codecs, formats and different streaming services in order to troubleshoot and gain deeper understanding of issues that may arise
- You have knowledge of videoconferencing infrastructure. For example, H.264 protocols, codecs, solutions on the market and monitoring.
- You have basic IT skills such as remote desk, security and password management, digital archiving, and ticketing systems (such as JIRA). Documentation skills are required for this role.
- You are open to experimenting with new technology and solutions
- You strive to learn new things and continuously want to improve and challenge your knowledge
- You are self-motivated and work well independently as well as collaboratively
- You are highly dependable, have a sense of urgency, and are able to meet deadlines
- You have excellent communication skills and have a professional demeanor
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.