We’re searching for an experienced Art Director & Graphic Designer to join Spotify’s Editorial Design team in Stockholm. Editorial Design is a globally distributed practice focused on building and unifying Spotify’s brand personality across all of our products. We build brands, tools and product experiences for a global audience spread across 79 markets (and counting). At the center of our remit, we drive global creative direction of Spotify’s iconic playlists.
We are a horizontal practice, collaborating with product, brand, marketing and content disciplines. We think in terms of scalable systems, not bespoke solutions.
This role will focus on bridging the gap between brand and product design disciplines; contributing to the global creative direction of in-app experiences for hundreds of millions of users.
If you’re an excellent designer and great collaborator with a strong interest in editorial design and music culture, this opportunity might be your calling.
What you’ll do
- Design; this is a hands-on brand design role, you’ll take full ownership of creative work from concept through execution.
- Direct; you’ll deliver clear art direction to your peers and freelance image makers to fulfil your vision.
- Collaborate; you’ll represent Editorial Design while working with multi-disciplinary teams from around the world. You’ll partner closely with program managers, product owners, producers, brand and marketing teams to create fresh and practical solutions.
- Innovate; you’ll contribute to evolving one of the world’s most iconic brands, respecting our past while looking toward our future.
- Lead; you’ll be a leader within the team and across the company, evolving both your craft and communication skills.
- Travel; you’ll work from our New York office and get to travel to global offices on an as-needed basis. (Currently not seeking remote workers for this role)
Who you are
You’re a great designer with an incredible portfolio and a thoughtful cover letter demonstrating that you’re:
- A system-oriented designer with 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Experienced across both brand and product design, capable of bridging the gap between the two.
- An experienced image maker and typography expert.
- Passionate about building brand identities and scalable systems.
- Driven by crafting smart and understandable solutions.
- Both big picture and detail oriented.
- A self-starter, proactive, punctual, dependable.
- A phenomenal communicator with a point of view.
- Comfortable explaining and presenting your work.
- User oriented and data informed.
- Looking to evolve your craft and leadership skills.
- Passionate about music and the culture that surrounds it.
- You have an online portfolio, or PDF that you can share with us. Please be sure to provide any necessary passwords, we cannot advance your application without them.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.