We are looking for thoughtful and experienced Android engineers to join our team. On this team you will have the opportunity to help scale our mobile architecture through developing libraries, frameworks, and tools that help hundreds of developers create apps used by millions of people. In this role you will be a key contributor in the development of our cross-platform mobile engineering strategy and practices.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with a product owner and an autonomous team of engineers to find comprehensive solutions to important mobile architecture related problems.
- Create developer facing libraries and tools which allow for scaling a large and distributed mobile development team.
- Reshape our mobile ecosystem by helping to guide, support, and implement a comprehensive cross-platform mobile development strategy.
- Solve mobile architecture problems that have a deep impact across multiple platforms.
- Become a developer advocate improving technical communications with developers within Spotify and foster a deeper understanding to their problems and needs.
- Work from our awesome office in New York – we offer relocation packages if you do not currently live here.
Who you are
- You have extensive knowledge of Android mobile engineering, both from software and tooling perspectives.
- You know how to write readable, maintainable, and performant code.
- You have a deep knowledge of software engineering best practices.
- You have a good understanding of functional reactive programming
- You have a good understanding of the principles of functional programming (some familiarity with FP languages such as Haskell is a bonus)
- You have a great ability to learn, and you are eager to expand your areas of expertise.
- You have a passion for supporting and enabling others to become more productive.
- You have 7+ years of professional experience.
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.