Spotify is seeking a dedicated and driven Sr. Analyst to join its Licensing Finance team, focused specifically on deal analysis. In this role, you will partner with our global Licensing, Legal, Accounting and Finance teams to structure and model financial terms across our music licensing deals. Through quantitative analysis and strategic thinking, you will play a critical role in supporting decision-making within Spotify’s licensing strategy as well as the company’s overall business planning and forecasting process.
This role is based in NYC and will report into one of the Managers/Senior Managers on the Licensing Finance team. There will be occasional travel to our headquarters in Stockholm and other regional offices.
What you’ll do
- Leverage financial modeling, scenario analysis, and business insights to support our global Licensing team with the negotiation of Spotify’s music licensing deals.
- Build and own models that analyze and project the financial impact of deal terms across our various geographies.
- Learn to partner closely with Spotify’s Legal and Accounting teams to interpret deal terms, track the financial performance of our licensing deals, and assess risks and opportunities.
- Play a critical role in the FP&A planning and forecasting process by building detailed royalty projection models and translating the latest deal information into P&L expectations.
What you bring
- 2-4 years of experience in a complex and data-driven business environment. Familiarity with SaaS and/or content licensing business models is a plus.
- Strong financial modeling skills and business acumen, with the ability to drive projects from start to finish. We’re looking for someone who is not afraid of detail and granularity.
- Experience distilling complex systems and frameworks into well-synthesized narratives and recommendations for diverse audiences.
- Advanced Excel skills with a deep understanding of model architecture, formula efficiency, pivot tables, and macros. Experience with Business Intelligence (BI) tools and SQL are a plus.
- The ability to stay proactive, organized, and dynamic in a rapidly changing environment. You should have an outgoing, entrepreneurial, and collaborative personality with the ability to develop strong cross-functional relationships.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply, and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.