SENIOR ANALYST – INTERNAL AUDIT
Spotify is looking for an experienced Senior Analyst – Internal Audit to join our growing Internal Audit team.
We are looking for an individual with strong auditing, accounting, project management, and communication skills. This individual will work across our global organization to identify business and technology risks and help manage the impact on the organization. The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience identifying and addressing financial, operational and compliance risks in business processes, evaluating the design of internal controls, and executing audits to assess the effectiveness of processes and controls. In addition, the candidate will have the skills necessary to be effective in navigating a fast-moving and complicated environment, in a fast-growing international company.
This position is based in New York, New York, and will report to the Senior Manager, Internal Audit. Some travel will be required.
What you’ll do
- Support our SOX PMO to coordinate with co-sourced providers, process owners, and external auditors to ensure the timely execution of the SOX compliance program.
- Support process owners with their SOX documentation, performing walkthroughs, and executing internal controls testing.
- Provide guidance and support to internal stakeholders as they address control deficiencies or make significant process changes (e.g. implementation of new systems).
- Participate in operational audits including risk assessment, execution, and post-remediation validation.
- Participate in risk assessment interviews and assist in the identification of high-risk areas and the development of dynamic audit plans.
- Understand the businesses you are auditing including their strategy, product lifecycle, associated business processes, technology, and related regulatory requirements.
- Build subject matter expertise in our different business processes and stay up to date on technological developments.
- Stay abreast of changes to regulation as well as internal audit best practices.
Who you are
- 3-5 years of experience in Big Four and/or internal audit.
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, MIS, AIS or Business Administration
- Experience in executing SOX control testing across multiple financial processes.
- Demonstrated experience in project management practices, tooling, and managing multiple projects and tasks.
- Communication skills, interpersonal skills, and presentation skills that allow interactions with team members and business partners.
- Results oriented ensuring audits are delivered on schedule.
- Able to work independently and in cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment across multiple projects.
- Help and mentor new team members by sharing team and company values.
- Problem-solving skills that demonstrate critical and logical thinking to reach a solution.
- Analytical skills with high attention to detail.
- CPA and/or CISA, CIA certifications
- Domain expertise in technology/music industry, and/or professional services assurance experience and a strong knowledge of internal control principles (e.g. COSO).