Spotify is seeking a Senior Analyst to join our growing Internal Audit team to support SOX compliance, internal audits, and risk management. The Spotify Internal Audit team works cross-functionally with teams across five business units: Premium, Free, Consumer, Markets, and Music to identify areas of operational and financial risk, make recommendations on process and controls, and influence decisions in the business.
We are looking for a highly qualified internal audit and controls professional with strong audit, technical, project management and communication skills. This role is based in New York City and will report to the Director, Financial & Business Risk Internal Audit.
What you’ll do:
- With our co-source partner, you will own, lead and report on different SOX work streams. This includes supporting process owners with their SOX documentation, performing walkthroughs, and executing internal controls testing.
- Provide guidance and support to internal stakeholders as they address control deficiencies or make significant process changes (e.g. implementation of new systems).
- Work together with our technology risk team and support the business and engineering teams with the maintenance and implementation of existing and new SOX controls.
- Support our SOX PMO to ensure efficient execution and effective collaboration with our external consultants and external auditors.
- Assist with analysis and data gathering in support of our internal audit risk assessment.
- Partner with Finance and our Business Unit teams to stay up to date on the new product pipeline and provide input on potential controls and process requirements
- Support the different phases of our assurance and advisory projects, including risk assessment, planning, execution, reporting, and follow-up.
- Build subject matter expertise in our different business processes and stay up to date on technological developments.
- Stay abreast of changes to regulation as well as internal audit best practices.
Who you are:
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Information Systems or similar.
- 4-6 years of experience with internal/external audit, risk, governance or compliance. Experience from fast-growth internet/tech companies is a strong plus.
- Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley is required. If you have similar experience with IT general controls, that is a strong plus.
- Project/program management, organizational, multi-tasking and prioritization experience.
- Interpersonal experience, including building relationships and collaboration with international and cross-functional teams.
- Current knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (e.g. US GAAP, IFRS) is a merit.
- CPA, CISA, CIA and other professional certifications are a merit.
- Some travel may be required.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.