We are looking for an outstanding Financial Planning & Analysis Sr. Analyst (Opex) to join our Free Business FP&A team in New York. You will support our Free Business organization – a key organization that encompasses our Sales, R&D and Marketing for the Free Business.
The successful candidate will provide Free Business leadership with the financial support required to enable informed decisions, manage risks and opportunities and achieve business objectives, through the administration and governance of global financial projections and annual budgeting. Support ongoing development of the opex and headcount model, building and developing a strong environment of collaboration with sales, marketing and finance teams and providing insights at both a local and global level.
This role will report into the Manager of Opex, Headcount Consolidation on the Free Business FP&A team. The candidate will support our stakeholders to ensure they have the data and insight they need to drive business success. The role is highly cross-functional, collaborating with Finance, HR, Analytics, IT, and Accounting to ensure full transparency and alignment to overall strategy.
The Free Business FP&A team also manages the reporting rhythm – from daily to quarterly – as well as the global forecasting process. They help accelerate business growth through identification of levers and bottlenecks to leadership all within the framework of an ever-changing landscape. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What You’ll Do
- Support the monthly, quarterly and yearly budgeting process for Opex, Headcount and Business Unit specific CoR across the Free Business Unit
- Support the the annual OKR and Investment Prioritization exercise
- Support the management and development a deep understanding of the Free Business operating expense and free Business specific Cost of Revenue to provide informative guidance to cost center owners and decision makers
- Review and advise departmental budget preparation with individual managers
- Own and actively manage the headcount model and partner with HR Business Partners to maximize efficient deployment of human resources across the Free Business
- Provide analysis and insights into variances between actual and expected financial results
- Develop management reporting to track headcount and opex
Business Planning & Analysis
- Address ad hoc financial analysis requests and inquiries
- Support analysis and decision making for the Free Business teams
- Work with the business to execute strategies to maintain adequate expenditure and investment controls for the country
- Partner with Finance teams to lead efforts on cost control and other efficiency improvement initiatives
Who you are
Takes ownership of the accuracy, reliability and relevance of the financial statements and must be able to articulate the root causes and significant drivers of changes in financial performance.
- A problem solver and a person and not shy to reach out to different parts of the organization
- University degree in Finance or Accounting
- Minimum of 5-6 years relevant experience in an analytical and/or planning role at public company in consulting, banking, tech etc.
- Some experience in owning and managing operating expense, headcount, and financial modelling for a sizeable business unit
- Strong communicator who can explain complex concepts to non-financial audiences
- Business Acumen. Knowledgeable of functional elements which are important for business profitability in order to influence, drive and positively impact business result
- Ability to make decisions and take initiative in the absence of perfect information
- Ability to build trust and gain support of personnel across organization
- Ability to work effectively with a team that spans across multiple geographies globally
- Self-starter who is intellectually curious and not afraid to seek out projects independently
- Strong communication skills and excellent English level both verbal and written
- High aptitude and enthusiasm for complex problem solving utilizing financial modeling and analysis, including advanced Excel (VBA and SQL skills are a serious plus) and experience working with data cubes and data visualization tools
- Robust knowledge of online advertising business a plus
- Experience with Adaptive Planning, Coupa, Netsuite is a plus
- Passionate about both technology and music
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.