The candidate will be responsible for managing and collecting on an Accounts Receivable portfolio, ensuring timely payment and resolution of customer issues preventing payment.
What you’ll do:
- Liaise with customers on a timely basis, execute collection activities, reconcile and track daily/monthly AR balance accounts with customer records to resolve past due items and involve/escalate to sales as needed.
- Communicate effectively with customers on a timely basis and provide excellent customer service regarding collection issues, discrepancies and short payments
- Keep the C&C Manager informed of serious credit and collections problems and/or major problems in account status or payment trends.
- Collaborate with various internal business functions such as Sales, Billing, Credit and Cash Application teams and external customers to resolve receivable issues
- Ensure accuracy of all customer account data, billing addresses and payment remit to locations
- Provide administration work related to collections, such as preparing statements and letters
- Perform credit reviews of new and existing customers to determine their credit worthiness and recommend credit limits in accordance with company guidelines and procedures based off available financial information of the customers, trade and bank references, publications and information provided by sales for new/existing accounts
- To be accurate, efficient and organized within daily responsibilities
- Assist Credit & Collections Manager with ad hoc activities/projects on an as needed
- Serve as a backup for C&C Manager, as needed.
Who you are:
- Must have 5 plus years of high volume B2B Credit and Collections experience.
- Strong communication, analytical and problem solving skills
- Adaptable to learn new processes, concepts, and skills
- Demonstrates the ability to work as part of a team
- Able to work under time pressure, able to prioritize workload and meet strict deadlines.
- Positive attitude and flexible, especially in the period of month/quarter/year-end closing
- Proficiency in Excel and Word.
- Knowledge of Salesforce, NetSuite a plus.
- Bilingual Spanish a plus. (nice to have but not a must)
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.