Music for everyone, no credit card needed. It’s a promise our platform was built on. And here in the Free team, we’re still building on it. We work on a massive scale, bringing people from all kinds of disciplines and all parts of the business together to deliver an amazing freemium experience to more than 129 million users worldwide. Want to help shape the future of free? Here’s how.
We are looking for a coach to enable our cross-functional product development teams to work effectively together. Our world is collaborative, transparent, high trust, learning-focused, complex and fast-moving. Agile Coaches at Spotify are catalysts for driving improvement in business impact, delivery performance, and team health, using a variety of techniques including change management, product development practices, individual coaching and mentoring. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences audio.
What You’ll Do
- Grow a healthy, collaborative, continuously improving engineering culture
- Coach and give feedback to teams and people, including senior leaders
- Actively support teams to deliver value more effectively, working hands on with our squads through to our leadership teams
- Collaborate with peers to spread effective ways of working across our Mission and Company
- Advocate for and advance modern agile software development and organizational practices, and teach Agile, XP, and Lean concepts, principles, and practices
- Design and facilitate larger group sessions
- Work from our office in New York City
Who You Are
- You are knowledgeable and passionate about software product development
- You excel at facilitating, coaching, and mentoring teams and leaders towards rapidly delivering high impact, high quality software in a sustainable fashion
- You have a deep understanding of communication, group dynamics and coaching, and are able to help teams develop trust and safety
- You have understanding and experience with a variety of Agile approaches, including Extreme Programming, Scrum, and Kanban
- You are able to adapt your approach and communication style to fit varying contexts and situational needs
- You are not afraid to raise issues and inspire change and continuous improvement
- You care about learning new things and improving upon existing challenges
- You are comfortable with and can help guide others to deal with situations of conflict, ambiguity, and uncertainty
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 299 million users.