We are looking for experienced backend engineers to join our team of talented engineers that share a common interest in distributed backend systems, their scalability and continued development. You will build the backend systems that power our application, scale highly distributed systems, and continuously improve our engineering practices. Our mission in our ad tech team is to improve the ad experience for our users and advertisers alike, and grow our advertising business to a market leader. You will help us define and materialize our monetization vision. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What you’ll do
- Help us materialize our long term ads vision by turning it to tactical goals and requirements
- Facilitate collaboration with other engineers, product owners, and designers to solve interesting and challenging problems across our ad platform.
- Be a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional agile team.
- Architect, design, develop, deploy and operate Java services that serve millions of users in a DevOps manner.
- Be a leader of the Spotify-wide backend developer community affecting and driving our architecture across the company
- Hack on what you want during regular hack days and bi-annual hack weeks.
- Work from our awesome office in New York City where we solve problems in Monetization, Music Recommendations, Features for Artists, and Social Networking
Who you are:
- You have experience working on ad tech products
- You have experience in designing and building distributed, high-volume services in Java
- You have a good understanding of the advertising business and the ability to bridge the gap between tech and product
- You contribute to the long term vision and strategy in your domain of expertise
- You have experience leading large projects across several teams
- You are a skilled communicator and have a proven record of leading work across disciplines
- You are a passionate mentor and teacher
- You take operational responsibility for the services you build and maintain
- You have a deep understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms.
- You care about quality and you know what it means to ship high quality code
- You may have experience with payments systems and/or ecommerce products.
- You may have experience supporting external APIs and/or developer communities.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.