We are looking for a Senior Accountant to support the global consolidation and general ledger accounting operations. The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of month end close of GL experience at a global organization. The position is based in Mexico City.
What you will do
- Execution of monthly global general ledger month end close, ensuring accurate results are delivered on time for reporting in accordance with IFRS and Mexico GAAP.
- Perform assigned journals, accounts reconciliation and fluxes.
- Help lead the implementation of best practices in general ledger team to simplify, standardize and scale our business and global RTR organization.
- Support external and internal audit requirements related to specific areas of responsibility and help develop/refine RTR accounting processes and procedures.
- Work cross functionally with Technical accounting, Finance, Legal, OTC, STP, Payroll, FP&A, Tax and various business owners on policies, processes, and help drive key system initiatives and improvements.
- Assist in GL accounting integration and acquisitions.
- Mentor, teach and review the work of other supporting members of the accounting team.
- Other responsibilities include but not limited to participate in special projects, ERP implementation, system enhancements or ad hoc analyses as assigned.
- Travel required approximately 10 – 20% of total work time.
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with CPA preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years related month close, GL or consolidation experience with global company preferably in digital subscriptions or digital advertising industry.
- Experience with major ERP system required (Oracle, SAP, NetSuite).
- Excellent time and self-management skills, ability to prioritize and multitask to meet deadlines required.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Proven ability to succeed in a fast paced and constantly changing environment a plus.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.