The role helps business partners make informed business decisions while maintaining accounting compliance. You will work with a diverse and cross-functional team, domestically and internationally. The position will also have responsibilities related to preparation of SEC reporting, reviewing stock based compensation accounting, internal controls, merger and acquisitions, analysis associated with other specific transactions and coordination with the auditors. You will improve the company’s financial environment and processes and effectively help prepare and position the company to accommodate future growth, both organically and through acquisitions while continuing to develop world-class accounting and reporting processes.
What you’ll do
- Prepare and reconcile financial statements
- Prepare stock based compensation entries and disclosures
- Account for goodwill, intangibles and equity
- Calculate earnings per share
- Perform technical and accounting research surrounding a myriad of accounting issues
- Assist in financial audits
- Assist with mergers and acquisitions
- Proactive with high sense of urgency and a drive to optimize accounting and finance activities. A true change catalyst
- Excellent analytical skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to independently prioritize tasks and manage to completion
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills; able to quickly develop strong relationships with employees across the business
- Flexible and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Team player who embraces ad-hoc projects with a positive attitude
Who you are
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in public accounting working with SEC registered companies. IPO experience a plus
- The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance and be an actively licensed CPA
- Experience with growth companies in high technology, music or entertainment industries.
- Candidate must have a strong knowledge of US GAAP or IFRS and SEC reporting. Experience should include advanced accounting concepts such as revenue recognition, business combinations and stock-based compensation.
- Must be highly proficient with MS Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.