At Spotify, we’ve connected millions of people to their favourite songs and created a service that people use to discover and enjoy music they love. We are always on the lookout for highly talented people to help us achieve our mission. Are you our next band member?
You will become a part of an international, fast-paced and rapidly changing environment. This role will be located in our Stockholm office. Perhaps most importantly: you will become a part of changing how the world experiences music.
What you’ll do
- You will be responsible for the VAT reconciliations for the Europe entities and you will work closely with Tax team to understand and reconcile VAT from an accounting point of view
- You will be responsible for Intercompany transactions within Europe and collaborate with our teams in New York and our Shared Services centre (SSC) to be on top of all intercompany transactions
- You will manage bank reconciliations for Europe and collaborate with our SSC with all bank related matters
- You will play an important part regarding the monthly closing, including being responsible for above items and explaining fluctuations and analysis and providing that to consolidation to the global team in our New York office
- You will do analyses on profit and loss (P&L) in connection to the monthly closing on Europe level
- You will play a part of constant improvements of processes and routines regarding accounting in Europe
Who you are
- You’ve got experience in working at a senior level within accounting in an international environment
- You have a high level working proficiency in tools such as Excel and a major ERP system and you are used to working with big data files
- You have a deep knowledge of accounting, mainly on the Balance Sheet side but also a good understanding of Profit and Loss
- You have a great sense of detail and can maintain structure in an environment with a high work pace. You remain calm and deliver on tight deadlines
- You’re a team player and not afraid of doing tasks outside the box and your area of responsibility
- You communicate unhindered in English in both in speech and writing
- Last but not least you are passionate about what you do!
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.