The Security Team is looking for Security Engineering Interns to #JoinTheBand this Summer! At Spotify, the Security Team is a distributed team supporting autonomous development teams with a focus on raising security awareness, sharing responsibility, and building tools. We aim to constantly improve the security posture for our fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment in a manner that will keep up with our scale. We’re knowledgeable in many domains of security and are willing to teach (and learn) from anyone at the company.
What you will do:
- Champion security with development teams to make their code more secure, primarily through manual code/architecture review
- Design, build, and operate innovative tools to enhance our security
- Assist in first response and remediation for security-related incidents and participate in on-call rotation
- Continually improve your technical and collaboration skills
- Engage and participate in the security community
Who you are:
- You are pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or a bootcamp certification in Cybersecurity, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field of study
- Have taken coursework related to cybersecurity and/or cryptology
- You have some experience in defending against attacks in a few areas of security
- You are familiar with mobile, web security, or authentication schemas (a plus but not required)
- You know how to code in at least one programming language
- You have ability to read and break code in languages including Python, Java, C/C++ and PHP
The Intern Gig
Spotify is looking for enthusiastic students/recent graduates with a passion for music and an ambition to go far. This isn’t just any internship! Our paid internship program will give you the chance to gain in-depth knowledge of what it’s like to be a Spotify employee as well as get the opportunity to see the technology side of a fast growing company! Our summer internships will last for 10 weeks this summer and start in the beginning of June.
The deadline to apply is December 15th, 2017 at 11:59 PM, EST. You can expect the following application timeline:
- Late December, 2017 – Mid January, 2018: Application Review
- Late January, 2018 – March, 2018: Interviews
- February, 2018 – April, 2018: Offers given out
- June, 2018: Intern program start
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.