Spotify is the world’s most popular music streaming service. Spotify has fundamentally altered the way consumers and artists interact with music, offering a platform through which users can discover, manage and share over 35 million songs, as well as curated radio stations and approximately 2 billion playlists built by Spotify’s in-house teams, or contributors from their global community. The company offers a freemium model and currently has circa 170 million users worldwide, with 75 million of these being paid users who subscribe to the Premium model (which is ad-free, offers unlimited track selections and offline play). Subscriptions remain the main source of revenue, in addition to third party advertisers, which pay Spotify for exposure to consumers using the free service.
Spotify was founded ten years ago in Stockholm by Daniel Ek and Martin Lorentzon, co-founder of TradeDoubler, with the aim of creating a credible alternative to internet piracy that would get consumers paying for music again. By allowing users to sample a range of tracks without committing to purchasing an album, Spotify has reinvigorated the industry and transformed music consumption into an on-demand and affordable activity. Spotify is the largest driver of revenue to the music business today.
Spotify is looking for a media professional to join our Team. The SEA Media Planning Manager will be responsible for working with regional and local marketing teams to develop effective and efficient media strategies that drive growth for Spotify. This will role will oversee offline and online paid media efforts. The right person for this role is a collaborative leader with broad expertise in building media strategies across both traditional and digital media, and experience overseeing and personally managing execution. This position will report into the Head of Marketing.
What You’ll Do
- Work with regional teams and media agencies to develop and steward advanced, multi-channel media strategies.
- Interpret and make recommendations based on campaign performance data to optimize, measure success, and identify learnings for future programs.
- Work to infuse innovation into all campaigns, prioritizing first to market buzz-worthy initiatives
- Review all buys from media agency, ensuring they are consistent with media strategy, in line with budget, flighted properly and executable based on production schedules
- Work closely with the in-house social team on all social paid media campaigns
- Champion media measurement and ensure all plans are appropriately instrumented
- Create and implement test and learn media plans and scale campaigns based on evidence of success
- Partn er with creative teams to build media ideas
- Create and disseminate media best practices to regional teams
- Partner with Global Head of Media in negotiation and execution of global media deals and partnerships
Who You Are
- 5-7 years working in Strategic Media Planning role at a media agency or on the client side with proven track record for developing results-driven media plans for leading brands
- Extensive knowledge of marketing, advertising, and media planning principles with an expert knowledge of offline and online media channels
- Demonstrated ability for delivering strategic solutions AND tactical media plans.
- Experience with amplifying content and getting it out to the right audiences
- Strong understanding of media math, optimization tactics and tools.
- Ability to multi-task projects with equal priority.
- Ability to create, with speed and be able to showcase real results.
- Experience using analytics and measurement to inform data-driven decisions for organizations;
- Constantly stays abreast of digital trends, emerging technologies, social media development and first to market advertising opportunities
- International experience, understanding of cultural diversity
- Experience in managing relationships with internal & external suppliers and partners
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.