Are you looking for a creative, fun and friendly workplace where you get to develop software that is used by more than 100 million people around the globe on more than 200 different devices, together with highly skilled colleagues?
Spotify might be the right place for you. We craft all our software in small teams that we call squads. A squad has a mission and your task is to get to the goal through great communication and cooperation within the team.
What you’ll do:
- Build Spotify’s smallest client-side SDK, used in an ever-growing list of devices like speakers, TVs, game consoles, cars, wearables.
- Work close with other Spotify teams on designing, implementing and testing our SDK on different sets of devices, with different constraints and requirements.
- Work with different technologies to deliver a high quality library to our partners. The SDK is written in C, but is integrated with applications and backend systems written in a variety of languages, including Java, Python, C++, and others.
- Become a valued member of an autonomous, multi-functional team
Who you are:
- You are a developer who cares about your personal and professional growth as much as collaborating with other teammates.
- You care about quality and you know what it means to ship high quality code to your partners.
- You are an experienced Software Developer who enjoys building tools and libraries for other developers.
- You have worked on software libraries or understand and apply good API design practices.
- You embrace quality and test as part of your work discipline. You want to automate as much as possible of the testing that is part of the everyday development process. If you’re not already an expert you would like to grow in this area.
- If you have backend Java, Python or mobile development skills, that’s a huge advantage since you will be able to tackle full-stack problems with the team .
If you feel that you could make a difference in the environment we have described and have a degree in Computer Science or similar valuable experience, we would love to get in touch with you.
You would work from our awesome headquarter in Stockholm, so if you don’t already live here Spotify can help with your relocation.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.