Spotify Studios is looking for a senior development executive to oversee our exclusive content strategy for the scripted category.
In this role, you will oversee Spotify’s scripted content portfolio and a dedicated creative team. You will source, develop and produce premium audio series that engage existing and growth audiences, with an eye toward establishing Spotify’s presence and voice in the category.
The right candidate has extensive experience across development, production and talent relations, and crucially will bring a clear point of view to translating that experience into impactful audio formats.
This role is based in Los Angeles and reports to the Head of Creative Development, Spotify Studios.
What you’ll do:
- Oversee dramatic scripted podcast development for Spotify Studios, including but not limited to; mystery, sci-fi, horror, thriller, and young-adults
- Prospect IP to adapt as Original scripted podcasts
- Manage budget toward impact on clear KPIs as the executive ultimately accountable for the success of the category
- Shopping fully realized IP to television networks while leveraging existing and new relationships with talent and premium networks
- Work with non-scripted colleagues at Spotify to surface non-scripted IP to adapt as television formats off platform
- Evaluate future extensions of the portfolio from film & TV, live and international formats
- Work cross-functionally to establish Spotify’s presence in the scripted space, to include brand, social channels and content offering
- Build and maintain Spotify’s external relationships across all facets of the scripted community
- Lead the team accountable for execution of that strategy, consisting of both direct reports and dedicated resources from stakeholder teams
Who you are:
- This person should have a minimum of 5-7 years experience in scripted television development working at a studio, network or production company and have a unique passion for storytelling in the audio space and knowledge of the podcast industry
- Have strong relationships with the tv literary agencies, management companies and writers is essential
- Highly passionate individual, who’s resourceful and actively seek out unique IP opportunities, develop and execute material at the highest level within budget
- Strong communication skills and demonstrate their ability to analyze problems and identify logical solutions
- Experience working with writing and acting talent, managing budgets and production during development, and will work closely within Spotify with business affairs, marketing, social, ad sales, R&D and audience insights
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.