Soundtrap is a collaborative, cloud-based recording studio. As of November 2017, we are a part of the Spotify family. We’re a unit within Spotify, small enough to move fast and make our own decisions, but with all the technical resources that we need from the larger company. Our mission is to enable music and podcast creation for everyone, no matter where in the world you are or what device you are using.
The Sales Development Representative, Education, will serve as the point of first contact for sales prospects within our Education vertical, cultivating relationships and engaging with clients to educate them about Soundtrap and the value it would bring to their teachers and students. This role will work closely with the West Coast Sales Executive to own and deliver lead generation initiatives focused on securing meetings with decision makers.
To be a successful Sales Development Representative, you must be comfortable communicating with a high volume of sales prospects, understand how to quickly qualify interest, and promptly handoff the appropriate leads to a West Coast Sales Executive to help the team hit quarterly and yearly sales goals.
Since you would be working from the West Coast and most Soundtrap colleagues, including direct manager, will be based out of Stockholm, Sweden, you will be expected to work from the Swedish office two weeks per quarter.
What you’ll do
- Engage prospective clients in order to identify qualified decision makers, and schedule sales meetings for a Sales Executive
- Navigate school district organizational structures to establish contact with and influence decision makers
- Collaborate with Education Specialists and Sales Executive to identify upsell and expansion opportunities for key school districts
- Analyze customer data to design and implement regional lead generation campaigns
- Hold initial discovery calls with teachers and administrators to identify key needs aligned to Soundtrap’s value proposition
- Document all customer information and interactions, and pass contacts to the correct team or department depending on the customer’s need
- Generate weekly and quarterly reports on the sales pipeline, lead generation, sales conversation rates, and other key sales metrics
Who you are:
- A true team player who likes working towards team and individual goals
- Thoughtful and experienced in speaking with different level decision makers
- Comfortable communicating via phone, email, and video chat and thinking on your feet
- Demonstrated ability to work both autonomously and collaborate in a remote team environment
- Self-starter who can multi-task and adapt to a fast growing organization
- Good understanding of sales processes and pipeline management
- Customer service or sales experience at a SaaS company preferred
- CRM experience preferred
- Experience and knowledge with K-12 Education budget cycles preferred
Please send your resume and cover letter as soon as possible.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music and podcasts.