We are looking for a SaaS Ops Engineer to join the small team administering and developing on top of many of the end-user applications (productivity, communication, collaboration tools) used by Spotify internally. In addition to the functional administration of applications, this position will be responsible for troubleshooting, support, maintenance and end-user training.
We rely heavily on web-based services and you will have the opportunity to work with new and interesting technology, as well as with some of the best people in the industry. Above all, your work will impact the productivity of everyone at Spotify working on the way the world experiences music.
What You’ll Do
- You will work with stakeholders within the company to design, configure, implement, maintain and promote variety of internally- and externally-facing applications, including G Suite and Slack
- Assist in the maintenance and rollout of new applications and their integrations, including product enhancement and product upgrades
- Document procedures, policies, technical instructions and securitization practices
- You will understand and assess dynamic business and support processes to implement, configure and optimize application usage
- You will research, install, maintain and troubleshoot application plugins/add-ons
- You will maintain enterprise application reliability, including proactive issue mitigation
- You will work to scale software to support fast-moving teams in a fast-paced environment
- You will perform application risk assessments and develop risk maps to ensure users and data are protected
- Most importantly, you will make apps do more than they were built to do.
Who You Are
- You are experienced with administering and developing in and against PaaS, SaaS, and ITSM applications and services, including G Suite and Slack
- You have a comfort and familiarity with modern development practices and the development lifecycle with experience using Scrum, Kanban, Lean or other agile methodologies
- You care about the security of our systems and can foster a culture of enabling users and encouraging compliance with policies
- You are able to provide top-tier incident support
- You are seen as a subject-matter expert and enjoy consulting with others in the business on achieving their goals
- You are a strong communicator in both written and verbal, comfortable with messaging Tech, Executive Level, and company-wide comms
- You are self-motivated and proactive with the ability to work independently
- In this role, you are organized and analytical, adept at working in a high-performing team environment, able to follow a project schedule, have a continuous improvement mindset and are capable of handling multiple priorities concurrently
- You are familiar with container and container orchestration technology, e.g. Docker, Kubernetes
- You are familiar SSO technologies such as Okta and Google SSO
- Experience in working with Cloud deployment (GCP, Azure, AWS)
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.