As Rights Clearance Manager, you will be in a global role responsible for negotiating the clearance of third-party non-music rights required for various types of content consumed on and off the Spotify platform (e.g., live performance footage, marketing campaigns, and Spotify Studios and Gimlet original videos and podcasts) across multiple territories. This includes both large scale and individual licenses for third-party content including but not limited to images, name & likeness, brands, logos, archival material, audio clips, and news clips. You will also help to record and track all rights information related to licensing, including but not limited to drafting licenses, tracking rights using third party clearance software, and processing payments.
What you’ll do
- Maintain a process for handling third-party clearances. This will include negotiating, drafting and finalizing agreements with rights holders.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders internally and with rights holders worldwide.
- Work closely with and advise our business teams, including Music, Studios, Gimlet, Brand & Creative, Marketing, and Markets Teams.
- Vet, onboard, and manage vendors that support our clearance systems.
- Manage the process to organize and prioritize multiple projects, expedite signatures and payments on agreements, and enter information into our rights management system.
Who you are
- BA/BS required
- You have worked in entertainment, media, and/or digital content, including a minimum of five years experience in an in-house rights clearance or production counsel role
- Track record of extraordinary success
- Demonstrated sound business and legal judgment
- Creative problem solver
- Must be self-motivated and able to independently identify work to be done without instructions
- Team player with excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Comfortable working in a company experiencing rapid growth.
- Great analytical and written/oral communication skills
- The position is based in NYC, but the candidate should be prepared to work across multiple time zones
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and the background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come to be a part of changing the way the world listens to music