As our Rights Clearance Coordinator, you will be responsible for managing and administering Spotify’s music clearance needs throughout the entire licensing process, including but not limited to securing quotes, reviewing/negotiating/drafting licenses, tracking exploitation, media and terms, processing payments and reviewing all cue sheets.
Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What you’ll do
- Maintain a process for handling audio and video synchronization clearances as well as music video clearances alongside the Rights Clearance Managers. This will include negotiating, drafting and finalizing synchronization agreements and related clearance agreements with record labels and music publishers.
- Administrative responsibilities such as the creation and submission of cue sheets, expediting signatures and payments on agreements, and entering information into our various rights management systems.
- Confirm uses with internal creative teams and issue relevant license requests. This will involve working cross-functionally with many internal teams including marketing, studios/original content, publishing, finance and legal.
- Creation of targeted presentations for both internal and external communications and meetings.
- Establish and implement short and long range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures .
Who you are
- 2+ years administrative or relevant experience
- 2+ years experience with synchronization licensing at a label, publisher or other media organizations
- Track record of extraordinary success
- Ability to prioritize and juggle many projects at once
- Creative problem solver
- Must be self-motivated and able to independently identify work to be done without instructions
- Team player with excellent organizational skills
- Comfortable working in a company experiencing rapid growth.
- Great analytical and written/oral communication skills.
- BA degree/college graduate preferred