As Rights Clearance Coordinator, you will be assisting Rights Clearance Managers for rights clearances, on a worldwide basis. Your work will be focused on negotiating both the clearance of all rights in respect of artist’s music content used for all audio and video content, including original content, exploited across the business. You will also help to record and track all rights information related to licensing, including but not limited to drafting licenses, updating cue sheets, tracking rights using third party clearance software, and processing payments.
Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What you’ll do
- Maintaining a process for handling audio and video synchronization clearances as well as music video clearances alongside the Rights Clearance Manager. This will include negotiating, drafting and finalizing synchronization agreements and related clearance agreements with rights-holders.
- Building relationships with the key contacts internally and with labels worldwide.
- Work closely with, and support and advise our business teams, including Original Content and Artist Marketing, and other similar matters.
- Administrative responsibilities such as the creation and submission of cue sheets, expediting signatures and payments on agreements, and entering information into our new rights management system.
Who you are
- BA/BS required <span
- A minimum of two years experience in an in-house rights clearance or production counsel role<span
- Track record of extraordinary success
- Demonstrated sound business and legal judgment
- Creative problem solver
- Must be self-motivated and able to independently identify work to be done without instructions
- Team player with excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Comfortable working in a company experiencing rapid growth.
- Great analytical and written/oral communication skills
- Conversational Spanish preferred
- Position is based in NYC, but candidate should be prepared to work across multiple time zones
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.