As Rights Clearance Associate, you will be responsible for negotiating the clearance of rights required for various types of content consumed on and off the Spotify Platform. This includes both large scale and individual licenses for third party content (such as music videos and live performance footage) as well as Spotify original content (such as Spotify Studios original videos and podcasts). You will also help to record and track all rights information related to licensing, including but not limited to drafting licenses, updating cue sheets, tracking rights using third party clearance software, and processing payments.
Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What you’ll do
- Maintaining a process for handling audio and video synchronization clearances as well as music video clearances. This will include negotiating, drafting and finalizing synchronization agreements and related clearance agreements with rights-holders.
- Building relationships with key stakeholders internally and with labels, publishers, artist managers and music libraries worldwide.
- Work closely with and advise our business teams, including Music, Studios, Marketing, and Markets Teams.
- Vet, onboard and manage vendors that support our clearance systems.
- Manage process to create and submit cue sheets, expedite signatures and payments on agreements, and enter information into our rights management system.
Who you are
- BA/BS required
- You have worked in entertainment and/or digital content, including a minimum of four years experience in an in-house rights clearance or production counsel role
- Track record of extraordinary success
- Demonstrated sound business and legal judgment
- Creative problem solver
- Must be self-motivated and able to independently identify work to be done without instructions
- Team player with excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Comfortable working in a company experiencing rapid growth.
- Great analytical and written/oral communication skills
- Position is based in NYC, but candidate should be prepared to work across multiple time zones
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.