At Spotify, we’ve connected millions of people to their favorite songs and created a service that people use to discover and enjoy music they love. We’re in 55+ markets…and counting! We aim to revolutionize the way people consume music, and we’ll need some very talented people to help us achieve our mission.
We seek a proactive and solutions-oriented Accounting Analyst, OTC (Order-to-Cash) Assurance to join our expanding team in the Finance Department. This position will be based in New York.
What You’ll Do
You will work closely with the Legal, Finance, Ad Operations, Pricing & Yield, and Ad Sales teams around the globe to create, roll-out, and improve relevant policies and workflows. In addition, you will be responsible for conducting quality checks of Customer Master Data, Insertion Orders and other Ad Sales agreements for compliance with relevant policies, as well as creating and improving processes and documentation as we scale and grow our global Ad Sales business. Our deals are cutting edge, revolutionary and always evolving so it will be up to you to help us grow and accelerate our business.
- Analyze and review Customer Master Data and Insertion Orders and other sales agreements to ensure adherence with policies and best practices
- Collect data and provide actionable insights about ways to continuously improve and scale our Ad Sales business
- Create and communicate policies, manage daily operations, frameworks, and processes to a wide audience at Spotify
- Collaborate effectively with a broad range of stakeholders in rolling out and scaling policies and best practices
- Provide strategic business analysis identifying risks, opportunities, and process improvements related to our Ad Sales business
- Establish an In-depth knowledge of all Ad Sales business, legal and finance policies
- Other responsibilities include but not limited to participate in special projects, system enhancements or ad hoc analyses as assigned.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field
- 3+ years relevant experience within the area of contract management, and reviewing and analyzing sales order and sales agreements.
- Experience with media and advertising sales organizations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven experience delivering on cross-functional projects across multiple stakeholder groups
- Ability to prioritize and work between multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Superior attention to detail and organizational skills
- Experience in working with an outsourcing vendor a plus
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.