We are looking for a Senior Revenue Accountant to support the global revenue accounting operations & revenue close processes for Spotify’s podcast advertising business. The position is based in NYC, and the ideal candidate will have at least 2-3 years of revenue operations, order-to-cash, and/or GL experience at a global organization.
What you’ll do
- Execution of monthly global revenue close, ensuring accurate results are delivered on time for reporting in accordance with IFRS.
- Perform global revenue and deferred revenue journal entries, accounts reconciliations, and fluctuation analyses.
- Help lead the implementation of best practices in the revenue team to scale our business and global revenue expansion.
- Support external and internal audit requirements related to specific areas of responsibility
- Develop and refine revenue accounting processes
- Work cross functionally with Technical Accounting, Finance, Legal, Sales, Sales Operations, FP&A, Billing, AR, IT, Tax and various business owners to develop scalable Order-to-Cash processes and drive new system initiatives and improvements.
- Ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements and assist in refining revenue accounting processes and procedures with a focus on continuous improvements.
- Other responsibilities include but not limited to participating in special projects, leading trainings, ERP implementations, system enhancements, and ad hoc analyses, as assigned.
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with CPA or CA preferred.
- 2-3+ years of relevant experience in revenue accounting, accounting operations, GL, or public accounting
- High tech, Podcasting, Entertainment/Media, and/or Advertising industry experience a plus.
- Experience with major ERP system required (Netsuite, Oracle or SAP).
- Strong Excel skills and comfortable with extremely large data volume.
- Ability to work under time pressure, to prioritize workload, and to meet strict deadlines.
- Positive attitude and flexible, especially in the period of month/quarter/year-end closing
- Proven ability to succeed in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment.