We are looking for Research Scientist Interns to #JoinTheBand. Our Tech Research team is looking for candidates who have applied experience in any of the fields of Natural Language Processing, User Behavioral Analysis, Machine Learning, Machine Intelligence, and more broadly, AI. You will be part of an interdisciplinary team focused on making every user interaction with Spotify amazing through personalization and discovery.
What you’ll do:
- You will work in collaboration with other scientists, user researchers, analysts and engineers across Spotify to design creative solutions to challenging problems.
- You will work on projects that cut across Spotify’s organization, including areas such as product, marketing, and content.
- You will have product impact while working on and further developing a long-term research roadmap.
- You will work on a broad range of Spotify features such as personalized playlists (Discover Weekly and Daily Mix), the Homepage, Search and other ML systems powering recommendations to 180 million users with billions of interactions.
Who you are:
- You are currently enrolled in a PhD program, especially in computer science or data science, but also in related STEM fields with a strong computational focus like statistics, physics, mathematics, or neuroscience
- You have publications in top tier computer science venues such as WWW, SIGIR, WSDM, RecSys, CHI, KDD, AAAI, ACL, NIPS, ICML, or related, in the following topics: recommendations, user understanding, large scale experimentation or (more broadly) machine learning.
- You are intrigued by how interaction design, data collection strategies, and people’s perceptions affect Machine Learning outcomes.
- You have a demonstrated interest in speech/natural language, personalized recommendations, crowdsourcing, diversity in AI – and music.
- You are a creative problem-solver who is passionate about digging into complex problems and devising new approaches to reach results.
- You have experience with the complexities of real-world data, and understand the value of both in-depth, qualitative and web-scale, quantitative data working together to create a deep understanding of people’s interaction with technology.
The Intern Gig:
Spotify is looking for enthusiastic students/recent graduates with a passion for music and an ambition to go far. This isn’t just any internship! Our paid internship program will give you the chance to gain in-depth knowledge of what it’s like to be a Spotify employee as well as get the opportunity to see the technology side of a fast growing company! Our summer internships will last for 10 weeks this summer and start in the beginning of June.
The deadline to apply is December 16th, 2018 at 11:59 PM, ET. You can expect the following application timeline:
- Late December, 2018 – Early February, 2019: Application Review
- Late February, 2019 – March, 2019: Interviews
- Late March, 2019 – April, 2019: Offers given out
- June, 2019: Intern program start
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.