We are looking for Research Scientist Interns to #JoinTheBand. Working with the Human Computer Interaction team within Tech Research at Spotify, you will be a part of an interdisciplinary collaborative effort focused on making every user’s interaction with Spotify amazing through personalization and discovery. By contributing to the wider research community, you will contribute to approaches and methods that answers questions related to user interactions and engagement with Spotify.
What you’ll do:
- You will work in collaboration with other scientists, user researchers, analysts and engineers across Spotify to design creative solutions to challenging problems.
- You will work on projects that cut across Spotify’s organization, including areas such as product, marketing, and content.
- You will have product impact while working on and further developing a long-term research roadmap.
- You will work on a broad range of Spotify features, such as personalized playlists (Discover Weekly and Daily Mix), the Homepage, Voice, Search and other ML systems powering recommendations
Who you are:
- You are currently enrolled in a PhD program in human-computer interaction, computational social science, data science, information science or related areas.
- You have experience with people-focused research design from a social and/or technical perspective
- You are intrigued by how interaction design, data collection strategies, and people’s perceptions affect Machine Learning outcomes.
- You have a demonstrated interest in speech/natural language, personalized recommendations, crowdsourcing, diversity in AI – and music
- You are a creative problem-solver who is passionate about digging into complex problems and devising new approaches to reach results
- You have publications in top tier venues including (but not limited to) CHI, CSCW, DIS, WWW, SIGIR, WSDM, RecSys, AAAI, FAT* or related, in the following topics: interaction design, recommendations / voice / search, user understanding, large scale experimentation, algorithmic bias or, more broadly, the human aspects of machine learning
The Intern Gig:
Spotify is looking for enthusiastic students/recent graduates with a passion for music and an ambition to go far. This isn’t just any internship! Our paid internship program will give you the chance to gain in-depth knowledge of what it’s like to be a Spotify employee as well as get the opportunity to see the technology side of a fast growing company! Our summer internships will last for 10 weeks this summer and start in the beginning of June.
The deadline to apply is December 16th, 2018 at 11:59 PM, ET. You can expect the following application timeline:
- Late December, 2018 – Early February, 2019: Application Review
- Late February, 2019 – March, 2019: Interviews
- Late March, 2019 – April, 2019: Offers given out
- June, 2019: Intern program start
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.