Research Scientist Intern
We are looking for Research Scientist Interns to #JoinTheBand and help drive a data-first culture across Spotify. You’ll focused on how people, data and machines talk to each other about music, with applications in speech, NLU and music recommendations.
What you’ll do:
- You will apply your scientific knowledge and research skills to design studies into people’s reactions to Machine Learning-based interactions.
- You will design and plan studies, analyze product engagement data, and gather large-scale NLU data sets that cover those aspects you establish as impactful on people’s experience.
- You will work in collaboration with other scientists, user researchers, analysts and engineers across Spotify to design creative solutions to challenging problems.
- You will work on projects that cut across Spotify’s organization, including areas such as product, marketing, and content.
- You will have product impact, while working on and further develop a long-term research roadmap.
Who you are:
- You have a PhD in human-computer interaction, psychology, NLU, statistics, IR/search/agents, data science or related area.
- You have publications in communities such as WWW, CHI, UbiComp, SIGIR, Interspeech, HRI, CSCW, RecSys, or related.
- You are intrigued by how interaction design, data collection strategies, and people’s perceptions affect Machine Learning outcomes.
- You have a demonstrated interest in speech/natural language, personalized recommendations, crowdsourcing, diversity in AI – and music.
- You are a creative problem-solver who is passionate about digging into complex problems and devising new approaches to reach results.
- You have experience with the complexities of real-world data, and understand the value of both in-depth, qualitative and web-scale, quantitative data working together to create a deep understanding of people’s interaction with technology.
The Intern Gig:
Spotify is looking for enthusiastic students/recent graduates with a passion for music and an ambition to go far. This isn’t just any internship! Our paid internship program will give you the chance to gain in-depth knowledge of what it’s like to be a Spotify employee as well as get the opportunity to see the technology side of a fast growing company! Our summer internships will last for 10 weeks this summer and start in the beginning of June.
The deadline to apply is December 15th, 2017 at 11:59 PM, ET. You can expect the following application timeline:
- Late December, 2017 – Mid January, 2018: Application Review
- Late January, 2018 – Late February, 2018: Interviews
- February, 2018 – March/April, 2018: Offers given out
- June/July, 2018: Intern program start
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.